Main features of the industrial airstroke
- Oria air springs or air bellow consist of a flexible rubber body with nylon fabric reinforcement, and rustproof plates with an air inlet and mounting blind nuts.
- The rubber air bellows can be used both as rubber actuators and vibration isolators.
- Isolate up to 99% of the unwanted vibrations, avoiding further damages to the machines and metallic structures. At the same time, they reduce the noise level.
- The ORIA air spring is equivalent to other brands as Firestone airstroke actuators and airmount isolators, Pirelli air springs, Pneuride / Springride rubber air bellows, and Contitech and Goodyear pneumatic actuators.
- The rubber actuators have been developed to replace the traditional air and hydraulic cylinders. Due to their design, the air pressure inside the bellow produces an upward stroke, thrust, tension, angular movements or fast anchoring movements. Advantages of Oria air springs in comparison with pneumatic cylinders.
Rubber Bellow isolator Vs coil springs
In those applications, where we have to select an isolator to reduce noises and vibrations, we should analyse what is the most appropriate elastomer. In this case, we will make a comparison between two antivibration elements, rubber bellows and coil springs, so as to understand the main benefits of using the rubber air bellow comparing with coil springs or other types of isolators.
Advantages of the rubber bellows in relation to coil springs
- Best isolation degree in the market: The rubber bellow isolator is able to absorb up to 99% of the vibrations
- Uniform isolation properties: The rubber air isolators maintain constant natural frequency values with changing loads
- Long life cycle: The rubber bellow has a very low cost, as there is no friction between metal components, avoiding wear, and consequently being maintenance free
- Extension of the life of the machinery: Air bellows extend the life cycle of the equipment, due to their outstanding isolation properties
- Effective noise reduction: The rubber air bellow’s natural frequency reduces structurally transmitted noise
- Compact installation height: The rubber bellow has a very low design height
- Height Control: The air pressure can be regulated guarantying a uniform operating height with alternating loads
- Wide size range: The bellows are able to isolate loads up to 450 kN for each elastomer
Rubber Bellows Vs pneumatic cylinders
When we are referring to a rubber actuator, we should make a comparison between rubber bellows and pneumatic cylinders. Consequently, we can see that the bellow could be a more efficient solution, in those cases where manyapplications have to use an actuator.
Advantages of the rubber bellow in relation to pneumatic cylinders:
- Low purchasing cost: The purchasing cost of a rubber actuator is much lower than a conventional pneumatic cylinder
- Low operational cost: The rubber bellow is a maintenance free product and thanks to its long-life service (without sliding sealing elements), the operational costs are lower than a conventional cylinder
- Flexible working media: Air bellows have been designed to work with compressed air. However, they can also work with nitrogen, water (with stainless steel metal parts to avoid corrosion) and compressed air containing oil.
- Compact installation height: Rubber air bellows have a very low design height allowing compact constructions
- Wide size range: The rubber bellows’ range covers external diameter dimensions from 120 to 950 mm with loads from 0,5 to 450 kN
- Tilt motion: Rubber bellows have an angular capability up to 25°
- Lateral misalignment absorption: Due to their flexibility, the air bellows can operate with lateral misalignments of up to 30 mm, reducing costs avoiding to use precision guides
- Extended machinery life cycle: The rubber actuators, in addition to performing the work of pneumatic cylinders, will isolate vibrations and shocks of the application, improving the life cycle of the equipment.
- Extended product life: Together without having sliding elements, the rubber actuators are unaffected by weathering and can be manufactured with a wide range of elastomers and steel qualities, allowing the possibility to work in difficult environments and being unaffected by numerous chemicals.
- Uniform movements: The stick-slip effect, present in the conventional cylinders, is avoided in the air bellow actuators.
Rubber bellows’ application fields
- Moulding sytems in foundry.
- Replacement of steel springs.
- Industrial suspension systems.
- Textile machinery.
- Paper mill machinery.
- Vibrating machinery.
- Presses and forges.
- Anti-vibrating isolators for Machinery, Compensators, Weight equipment.
- Lifting tables.