UNE has a remarkable experience working in pump installations. The UNEFLEX elastic tyre coupling works successfully in these types of applications, as it tolerates strong misalignments and isolates vibrations. When pumps start ups are made, the tyre coupling prevents the machinery from having any strong vibration or defectiveness as it is verified that the rubber is able to face the inertia moments. Moreover, the shock of the engine start up is absorbed by the highly elastic coupling, increasing the life of the pump and gear.
Flexible spacer coupling
In addition to the current UNEFLEX flexible tyre couplings, UNE also manufactures spacer couplings. It consists of a Uneflex tyre coupling plus a spacer flange assembly.
The spacers coupling are designed for use on applications where it is an advantage to be able to move either shaft axially without removing the gear and the pump.
UNEFLEX flexible rubber spacer coupling easy to remove
Applying this tyre coupling design, we are able to remove the mechanical seal for easier maintenance systems and repairs without moving either the pump or the gear. They are design with standard distances between shaft end dimensions (D.B.S.E.), but we can design the coupling that best fits with your application requirements.
Sectors where the UNEFLEX flexible tyre coupling is located in pumps
The UNEFLEX couplings that are placed in pumps are located in many different types of industries, as for example, paper mills, textile industry, in the steel making plants, food processing industry, marine and sea applications and also in chemical industry.
Fields of Application for Couplings Placed in Pumps
Couplings can be applied in centrifugal pumps, which can be identified in many types of different industries or fields of application:
- Oil and gas chemical industries: the pumps play an important role in converting crude oil into the end product. They are relevant to provide the right fluid or volume of pressure and liquid transfer. Sometimes pumps are used to adjust the temperature in some parts of the system.
- Agriculture: pumps are used mainly in machinery used for irrigation.
- Mining and metallurgy industries: the main function consists on draining and cooling water supplies.
- Nuclear plants: it is required a high level of primary and secondary pump system, while the thermal power plants also need boiler feed pumps, compensate pumps, loop pumps, and ash pumps.
- Military applications: hydraulic fluids are required in this field in order to adjust planes’ wings and rudders, turning turrets on ships and tanks, the up and down of submarines, etc.
- Shipbuilding: In shipbuilding it is very common to find many types of pumps in a ship.
- Water supplies: these are included or used in municipal water supplies and drainage, water supplies of locomotives, lubricating and cooling machine equipment, and sugar refining.